Sunday, January 9, 2011

Forward 2011!

Finally, I'm writing my New Year Post. All the Christmas decorations are packed up and put away, and I've been pretty busy lately with things other to do with stitching. Now it's time to look ahead to stitching opportunities for 2011!

 

A very serious Bridget wearing her Christmas dress is contemplating taking a cookie from the tray. Just so you know, she didn't want one and ended up eating a cheese stick instead. Or rather, playing with the cheese stick. I'm not sure how much actually went down.

I have a great many projects for this year, and am listing them in order of priority:
  1. Finish my son's new bed quilt. When I last posted about it, I was piecing it together. Well I finished the piecing and the unfinished top has been hanging over the upstairs banister ever since. Now it is time for borders, then quilting. 
  2. Finish my Stumpwork Initial that I started at Beating around the Bush back in October 2009. I have actually made some progress on it, and will post about it eventually.
  3. Remember my Elizabethan Sweet Bag? I actually have another one that is almost completed. I just need to stitch the borders and the cords. 
  4. Finish the Bullion Wrap Dress in time for Easter/Passover. And make a matching jacket for it.  If you recall, I was having issues with the fabric wrinkling under the bullions. Most of those are now taken out, ready for rework. 
  5. Organize the sewing room. I started this in September, but work is stalled for a variety of reasons.  I need to get this back on track.

Now for those items in no particular order:
  • Work the Embroidered Snail, along with all the other little projects I've collected from Thistle Threads
  • As my granddaughter will be graduating to a double bed this year, she will need a new quilt, along with embroidered sheets/pillowcases, an afghan for the winter, and all sorts of things.
  • Finish crocheting an afghan in my youngest son's school colors. I started this a few weeks ago to have something to do while watching our new TV. 
  • Finish my other Beating Around the Bush project, a lovely embroidered blanket which I have yet to post about. 
  • Stitch some sort of gray cat ornament for my Christmas tree, which has all angel ornaments.  When our Labrador Retriever died 9 years ago, I found a black Lab ornament which we hang every year among the angels. All three of my children and my husband reminded me we now need a cat ornament. 
  • Design and stitch something completely original! This may be a stretch, as I'm a firm believer in stitching from patterns and kits.
  • Sew a garment for myself. I really want to get back into garment construction.

And as if all this isn't enough, list all my UFO's and post in a prominent place so I can see what needs to be done. I hope that this will prevent me from buying and starting new projects, but I doubt it.

Whew! I'm tired just writing about all this. I will now get to work, and throw the fabric for the son's quilt into the wash. It's a start!

2 comments:

  1. Just getting it all written down is a great start Cynthia! I'm such a list person that if I don't write something down, it usually doesn't get done!

    Bridget is just a doll in her fancy new dress! So festive!

    MGM

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think 2011 is they year of the UFO even if it was only started in 2010 LOL. I look forward to seeing your works in progress and finished.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from readers! Please let me know what you think of my posts. If you ask a question, I will reply here on the blog, so others can see the answer.