Saturday, February 26, 2011

Baby Kimono, Cap & Coverlet

A new package arrived in the mail containing the latest installment of the 2010 Wendy Schoen Embroidery Club. This one is the fifth in the series, meaning they are a bit behind in shipping the lessons and kits. There still is yet another to come. I'm even more behind as I'm still working on the Bullion Wrap Dress, which is the second in the series.  I can't believe I haven't posted about it since August.


This kit is absolutely adorable! It consists of all the materials to make a kimono, cap, small blanket or coverlet, and a pillow cover.

The threads are DMC Coton a broder, which is absolutely lovely to work with. The little pieces of felt are for the bunny and flowers that are appliqued onto the coverlet.


This is the drawing from the web site. The blue ribbons on the coverlet and pillow cover are actually bias tubing, see the middle photo above, that is machine appliqued onto the fabric. That should be pretty easy to do!

And the best part is that my niece is expecting a baby in September, but we don't know if it's a boy or girl yet. If it's a boy, I may just order the blue kit and make that instead of the pink one I have.

I'm going to go hide in my sewing room for the rest of the weekend. I'm determined to get my heart sachet finished.

1 comment:

  1. Aren't Wendy's kits fabulous? They're always so prettily packaged- it's like opening a present.
    I have 6 of them, but so far have only managed to stitch up the Sashiko Quilted kimono and cap. It was fun to do and turned out beautifully.
    Your kit is pretty. Love the pleating at the bonnet brim.
    (congrats to your niece)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from readers! Please let me know what you think of my posts. If you ask a question, I will reply here on the blog, so others can see the answer.