Friday, March 18, 2011

iPad Carrying Case


I'm in a panic mode both at home and at work as our departure for London grows near (next Tuesday!).  I did manage to put together this carrying case for the iPad last Sunday. Some of you who have followed this post will realize that the fabrics look suspiciously like my Smocked Pockets Tote Bag with matching business card holder, passport folder and convention name tag. 


The bag has a little hidden pocket in the front, shown here with a pen sticking out so it's easily seen. You can barely see how the velcro has come off the upper tab and stuck on the bottom. The sticky velcro doesn't seem to work very well, so it's needle and thread time. I'll definitely hand sew it so it doesn't show from the front.


You can also see two pockets lurking behind the iPad here.


And here's the pattern. Notice it also comes with an iPad cover, but I didn't get that far in my sewing. In fact, I may just about be out of the lining fabric, and there just ain't no more. But I'll rummage around when we get back and see if I can't make the cover as well.

If you go back up to the first photo you'll notice that it is terribly plain. There are two reasons for this. First, I want my husband to be able to walk around with it, and most guys like plain. Second, I just didn't have the time for any embroidery. I may try to add some later, but it will have to be fairly simple as I'll have to attach all threads from the front. So we'll just wait and see.

I have tried to figure out mobile blogging from my iPhone and iPad, but just can't manage it right now. So I'll try to write up a few posts for while we're away. Luckily I have a three day weekend, then a half day of work Monday, and off to the wild blue yonder on Tuesday!

Happy Weekend!

1 comment:

  1. You've done a great job and I love the print! Enjoy your trip.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from readers! Please let me know what you think of my posts. If you ask a question, I will reply here on the blog, so others can see the answer.