Saturday, March 26, 2011

Off to the Royal School of Needlework


Today is Saturday, March 26, and I'm scheduled for my class at the Royal School of Needlework at Hampton Court Palace in West London. This is the name tag I will wear that I made using leftover thread from my Elizabethan Sweetbag. Of course, by the time this posts the class will be over and I'll be on the way to our flat.



This is a photo of what we'll be making in the class. Isn't is pretty? Lot's of metals and beads, with a bit of silk shading.


Before I left I picked up a photo case from an office supply store and made a wool liner to fit inside. This will be for snipping apart the goldwork threads so they will fall into the case and not go rolling across the floor. I downloaded the ruler, cut out enough to fit inside, and voila! a neat little metal thread case. Now, before you say "Oh how clever!" I have to tell you I got the idea from Mary Corbet's NeedlenThread.com site. I looked around the site for the reference but just couldn't find it, so if any of you do locate it, please place a reference in a comment.

I need to take notebook, so I am bringing along my notebook with its Embroidered Cover. I hope it won't be too tatty to show around!

After I'm back in the US I'll keep you posted on my progress.

1 comment:

  1. Your such a lucky lady. I can wait until you are back home and share all.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from readers! Please let me know what you think of my posts. If you ask a question, I will reply here on the blog, so others can see the answer.