Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Another Trish Burr Correspondence Course

Many of you have been following my progress with the Chinese Flower Project, an online correspondence course with Trish Burr. She has just announced on her blog that she will be holding another class starting June 30, with registration on May 30. If you remember, the class I am in filled up after one day! So if you're interested, visit Trish's blog and send her an email.

She has the picture of the same project I'm working, so I assume it's the same course and she's offering it again to give others a chance to take it. The project is worked on cotton fabric with Anchor floss, although she does offer a DMC conversion chart if you prefer using the more readily available (at least in the US) DMC floss. Even though I have a complete set of DMC floss I decided to spend the money and purchase the Anchor floss so I could follow the color changes exactly. I'm glad I did, as we have to blend up to six shades in one small object, and it's pretty difficult to see the exact color changes. Well, that's the whole idea with shading, isn't it? I don't know if I would have had more difficulty with the DMC floss, but I decided I didn't want to take the chance. It cost me approximately $37 to purchase the Anchor floss, with two trips to Laguna Beach to the yarn shop that carries them. I could have bought them online, but it's always nice to drive to the ocean. It's not even 10 miles away and only takes about 20 minutes, so it's not a big time investment.

If you'd really like to see all of my postings on the project, just click here and they will be in reverse order, with the recent one first.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from readers! Please let me know what you think of my posts. If you ask a question, I will reply here on the blog, so others can see the answer.