Saturday, April 23, 2011

Chinese Flower Project Lesson 3 Progress


 Today I'm showing you my progress on Lesson Three of the Chinese Flower Project, an online correspondence course I'm taking from Trish Burr. Here I've shown the lightest thread on the tips of two of the outer feathers,


And the next blended in.


As you might be able to tell, I'm taking much more care with blending on this lesson. That's because I think I made the buds a bit too light colored. You can compare my blending with the finished photo of Trish's sample


I may blend a bit more of the darker shades into the light colored areas now that I can see the two outer petals finished. The third outer petal on the right has been a real challenge. I started with the very lightest thread, Anchor 1011, but upon reading the instructions more carefully I realized that this petal starts with the next lightest, Anchor 6. So out it all came and now you can see how far I've progressed. Luckily this is a sturdy cotton fabric and can withstand picking threads out of it.

Today is a beautiful Saturday in Southern California (aren't they all?), and I hope to get in some stitching time in between bouts of gardening. It's time to get those tomatoes planted! Tomorrow is Easter Sunday and I hope all of you who celebrate it have a wonderful day.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, Cynthia, that is really turning out beautiful! Always a bummer when you have to take out pretty stitches, but in the end, I'm sure you're happy you did.

    Nice job!

    Happy Easter to you and your family!

    MGM

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from readers! Please let me know what you think of my posts. If you ask a question, I will reply here on the blog, so others can see the answer.