Saturday, July 30, 2011

Waterfall Christening Gown

Since I finished the Smocked Diaper Shirt from the previous post, I needed something simple to work on while it's my turn to ride to work (Remember - I'm carpooling now). I didn't have the time to start something new, so I once again turned to my very large stash of UFO's and found this christening gown kit from Wendy Schoen's Embroidery Club of several years ago. Wendy is no longer offering her Embroidery Club, but you can still buy the pattern, along with the fabrics, laces and floche on her web site.


The front panel Madiera applique is finished but I have quite a long way to go on the embroidery. It's all stem stitch, fishbone stitch leaves and pinwheel bullion flowers, all worked in bright white DMC cotton floche.


I'm going to try to finish the stems, leaves and the split stitch foundation for the flowers at home so I can concentrate on the bullions while riding in the car.

Now it's off to do some grocery shopping, then to the Long Beach Quilt Show! I should have a few pics for you of the lovely quilts. 

3 comments:

  1. You do really nice stitching, I love to see that. If only I didn't have to sleep, I'd get so much more smocking done. I may have to go to Wendy's website and order some patterns. I don't have any of hers yet and I think they'd be great for my collection. I love the stuff she puts in Sew Beautiful magazine. Again, not enough time in the day. Rats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's never enough hours in the day LOL to do everything that needs attending to. Would like a few more please. Love your stitching and this little gown is so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from readers! Please let me know what you think of my posts. If you ask a question, I will reply here on the blog, so others can see the answer.