Friday, October 28, 2011

Old Linens IV


I came across this tablecloth and napkin set while preparing to depart for the SAGA Convention and thought I would share it with all of you in a quick post. The tablecloth is fairly small, only 34 inches square, with four little napkins, but is perfect as a tea set.  It is hand embroidered in white coton á broder on peach linen. It is all satin stitch leaves and flowers with fil tiré in the leaves and seed stitches in in the flower centers.


I love the beautiful satin stitch that was worked on this piece. If only I could do half as well! It has just a few hemstitched lines with little, perfect granitos at the end of each line. The border is finished with scalloped buttonhole edging in an intricate design. Isn't it just lovely? The embroidery is practically perfect, and I especially love the little round granitos which seem to pop from the fabric.  I'm somewhat afraid to use it for tea as I might spill the tea and stain the linens!

Did you notice that I figured out how to add the accent marks to coton á broder and fil tiré? I'm so proud of myself!  

We are off to San Francisco for a short trip.  Have a great weekend!

4 comments:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous linens - I love the lower photo. What a pretty piece!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aren't alt codes the best?

    Thanks for sharing this gorgeous needlework. Just lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Janicewww.janicefergusonsews.comOctober 28, 2011 at 8:09 PM

    This is just breathtaking. I like pretty landscapes, I enjoy gorgeous sunsets, I appreciate a beautiful rose. But nothing beats the beauty of exquisite linens or babies. Thanks for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So beautiful! Thankyou for sharing such beautiful things with us.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from readers! Please let me know what you think of my posts. If you ask a question, I will reply here on the blog, so others can see the answer.