Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Quick Post on Needle Painting


Remember this? It's my Chinese Flower Project that I finished last May. The reason that I'm posting again about it is to entice you to try needle painted project by pointing you to Trish Burr's latest post on "Smoother Shading".  In it she gives several tips on how to successfully shade your stitching so it looks lifelike and well, like a painting with a needle! Many of her designs are available as downloads, so you don't have to buy a complete kit but can work with the threads in your stash. This is especially good if you have the complete range of DMC floss, as I do. Trish also has a project in the current Inspirations, No. 72.

I hope you enjoy her tips and give this technique a try! It's very rewarding, but I have to admit, I'm terrified to try it all by myself. I need the photos and thread selections to do this successfully.

This post is an update from one I started this morning and hit the "Publish" button too soon. I'm sure you've all done the equivalent on email by hitting "Send" too soon and sending out gibberish. Well, that was me today.

1 comment:

  1. Trish Burr is brilliant! I have done the robyn from Inspirations and agree that it is important to have the correct threads and not go trying to do it with substitutes. Found it way too hard doing mine with different threads

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from readers! Please let me know what you think of my posts. If you ask a question, I will reply here on the blog, so others can see the answer.