Saturday, September 1, 2012

Smocking on the Runway




One of the ladies in my various sewing groups found this photo online, it's from Carlos Miele's Spring 2013 collection. It's hard to see, but the gown is smocked! It looks like a variation of honeycomb smocking, with the spaces between the stitches increasing towards the hem of the dress. I can't find any information about the dress, fabric or construction, so if any of you can find something, please let me know.

Thanks, Dawn, for sending this along!

It's Labor Day Weekend here in the US, which is the traditional end of the summer season. But we will be barbecuing well into autumn, with our warm weather and Daylight Savings Time now lasting until early November. Wouldn't this dress make a fabulous wedding gown? I've got wedding gowns on the brain, as I'm off to help my niece shop for wedding dresses today.  I hope to get some serious stitching sessions in on Sunday and Monday, and I hope all of you do, too.

Have a great weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a great weekend! How special to be asked to accompany your niece on such a special shopping trip. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from readers! Please let me know what you think of my posts. If you ask a question, I will reply here on the blog, so others can see the answer.