Sunday, April 12, 2015

Update to Reading/Listening Page

Warning: No sewing or needlework content in this post. Proceed with caution!

One of my favorite podcasts, The British History Podcast by Jamie Jeffers, is in trouble. Amazon Payments, which is the method Jamie uses for his paying members, is going away in two months. Jamie needs to switch all of his members to PayPal, the sooner the better. This podcast has been going for about four years now, and covers British History in detail, just now getting to the Viking raids. Since most of us have no idea of all of the time between Boadicea and George III, this podcast is extremely informative. I pick George III because, as an American, he is the British Monarch most recognizable to me. Right now the podcast is discussing the reign of King Offa of Mercia around 795 AD. He is a contemporary of Charlemagne, to put him in a timeline that you might recognize.

So if you love British History as I do, please listen, and if you really love it, consider becoming a member. Click here to find out all about it.  Personally, I am glad to see Amazon Payments go away, as I feel it is unreliable, and Amazon just will not resolve issues with method of payments. I've been trying to get a credit card changed on their subscription page for over a year with no success.


1 comment:

  1. Paypal don't have a good reputation, either, so I hope they behave themselves for Jamie!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from readers! Please let me know what you think of my posts. If you ask a question, I will reply here on the blog, so others can see the answer.