Saturday, January 23, 2016

Finally, Flowers are Finished

Just a bit of alliteration to brighten your day.

Block 28
The blocks are all finished! I've been continuing to machine piece them, and I'm getting better at it all the time.

Block 29
There are still a few wrinkles here and there, but I think once the quilt is put together, they won't be too noticeable.
Block 30

Block 31
 The two previous blocks look quite similar, but the aren't. I'll still place them far apart on the quilt.

Block 32
 I love this color combination.

Block 33
At first, I was afraid that there is too much orange in the quilt, as I had more orange centers than other colors.
Block 34
Even these with purple centers read orange. Of course, there is nothing wrong with orange, just that I didn't want an orange quilt.

Block 35
I won't be able to tell how orange the quilt will turn out until I put it all together. Next post, arranging and sewing the blocks and the connectors. My QA guy is bored with the blocks, and declined the photo shoot.

6 comments:

  1. You could steam-press the wrinkles - that might get rid of them..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've steam pressed quite a bit, but still have a few. I'm not too worried, they will sort of fade into the quilt.

      Delete
  2. You must be having a lot of fun working with those cheerful batiks, orange included. Looking forward to seeing how they will all come together. I'll bet your QA guy is waiting for that too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm finding that wrinkles are only a problem when quilting. With washing and use, they just blend into the puffiness. The purples and blues will make your oranges look oranger. If you use a warm beigey "path" fabric with peach or rose tones in it, the quilt will just look warm rather than really orange. You are zooming right along! It looks great, and personally, I like orange anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So many beautiful blocks, and so well put together; it will be interesting to see it all laid out.
    It looks like it is going to be a lovely, bright quilt :-)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! They are so pretty.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from readers! Please let me know what you think of my posts. If you ask a question, I will reply here on the blog, so others can see the answer.